These are like falafel, only more delicious.
1 400g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained (don't skip this step!!)
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp ground cumin
2 Tbs plain flour
2 spring onions, thinly sliced
2 Tbs chopped fresh coriander (I leave this out because I never have it)
200 g fetta crumbled (I estimate this)
salt and pepper
olive oil, for sauteing
For the sauce:
3/4 cup plain yogurt
2 Tbs lemon juice
For the sauce: combine the yogurt and lemon juice and refrigerate until needed.
For the patties:
1. Place chickpeas, spices, egg, flour and spring onions in a blender or food processor and blend until almost smooth.
2. Spoon into a bowl, add fresh coriander, salt and pepper, and fetta and stir to combine.
3. Form the mixture into small patties. Heat olive in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat and saute the patties for 2-3 min on each side. Don't worry if the mixture is sticky; the egg will bind it together.
4. Top the patties with lemon yogurt sauce. We usually eat this with couscous.
- Recipe adapted from Margaret Barca's Vegetarian Bible, Penguin Books.