For the Lasagna "noodles"
2 rolls of pre-made organic Polenta (plain or your favorite flavor), sliced in horizontal sheets to resemble thick, flat noodles
For the cheese sauce
2 cups low-fat cottage cheese
2 tbsp fresh or bottled dill
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (adjust to your taste)
2 organic brown eggs, beaten (or whatever you have)
1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
For the "veggie-tastic" mixture
3 tbsp olive oil
1 box (4 patties) of Boca Spicy Chick'n burgers, defrosted & chopped small
3-4 cloves of garlic, chopped
2 cans of organic diced tomatoes (or substitute fresh)
Diced veggies of your choice (we used 2 zucchinis cut into medallions, 1 red bell pepper, 6 asparagus)
3 tbsp of basil, fresh or bottled
1 tsp salt (or to taste)
For the topping
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 ball fresh mozzarella, sliced
Add chilli flakes for some oomph
Add sliced olives, artichokes, and feta for some Mediterranean love
Make half the recipe if its for small eaters
Pre-Heat the Oven to 350 degrees
1. Mix the ingredients for the cheese sauce together. You may want to add the eggs last if you want to adjust it to your taste preference. Set aside.
2. Heat the olive oil on medium high heat and saute the Spicy Chick'n burgers and garlic till just beginning to brown and give off their yummy mixed aromas. Add in the tomatoes and simmer. Once simmering, add the rest of the veggies to the pan. Saute for 10-15 minutes or until the veggies are tender but not overcooked. If you are using zucchini, leave that out. Add in the basil and the salt.
3. In an ovenproof, oiled casserole, place half the polenta "noodles" overlapping so that they cover the base, as you would ordinary lasagna noodles.
4. Spoon out half of the cottage cheese mixture evenly onto the "noodles."
5. Put half of the veggie-tastic mixture on top of the cheese mixture. Top with the uncooked zucchini medallions, if using.
6. Repeat steps 3-5 for your second layer.
7. Lightly sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the entire casserole, then top with slices of the fresh mozzarella.
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes, or until the mozzarella is just beginning to brown and bubble.
9. This is possibly the most important step: ENJOY! And take the leftovers to lunch to make your coworkers jealous :)