Image from Dear Kitchen: Let's be friends
A quarter of a LARGE orange roasted squash (I used winter squash) - about 15 oz of pulp
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
olive oil, for frying
3 cloves garlic
1 tsp grated ginger
1 can of coconut milk
2 tsp garam masala
2 tsp cumin
2 tsp finely chopped serranoes
salt to taste
Garnish - chopped fresh green onions & thinly sliced baby carrots
1. Heat the oil in a saucepan or pot
2. Fry the onions till they are soft (3-5 minutes) then add in the garlic and ginger (saute till aromatic). Next, add your squash.
3. Add in the garam masala, cumin & serranoes & saute for 3-5 minutes (once aromatic and before it starts to burn)
4. Add in your coconut milk and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Puree in a blender.
5. Taste & adjust seasonings, then serve garnished with green onions & carrots!